This is one of those appetizers I always look forward to when I go to my mom’s house. It’s a pretty simple appetizer that’s great for any occasion, especially college bowl season.
- 1 Can Crab Meat
- 8-12 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 T Dried Grated Onion (fresh onion tends to add liquid when it's cooked)
- 1 t Cream Style Horseradish (we add 1-2T because we really love horseradish)
- ¼ t Salt
- 2 T Milk
- ¼ Cup Pine Nuts or Sliced Almonds (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Combine crab meat, cream cheese, grated onion, horseradish, salt, and milk until well mixed.
- Place in a dish for baking and serving, and top with the nuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve with crackers; Melba toast works really well.
You can prepare ahead of time and refrigerate until you're ready to bake.