Whether it be March Madness, Superbowl, or appetizer madness, these stuffed mushrooms should satisfy anyone’s need to achieve appetizer nirvana. All you need is mushrooms and cheese; and a few other ingredients probably in your cupboards already.
- 12 Large Crimini Mushrooms (or mini Portobellos)
- 1 8-ounce Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ t Onion Powder
- ¼ t Pepper
- 1 T Garlic (minced)
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- Clean mushrooms and remove the stems (keep these).
- Finely chop the stems.
- Saute the minced garlic and the stems until the moisture has been cooked out.
- Cool the garlic and stem mixture.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Place in a medium sized bowl, and mix in the other ingredients.
- Using a tablespoon or a small cookie scoop (looks like a miniature ice cream scoop), fill each mushroom cap with a half ball of stuffing.
- Place on a cookie sheet or other such cooking tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Top with grated Parmesan Cheese.
Add canned or fresh crab to the mixture to convert this to crab stuffed mushrooms.
Add some pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to add a little heat.