These blueberry ricotta cheese pancakes are light and fluffy, and simply delicious. They’re perfect for a Sunday brunch, with fruit and mimosas.
- 3 Eggs (yolks and whites divided)
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Flour (you can substitute with whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 T Sugar
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- Dash Salt
- In a large bowl, mix the egg yolks, ricotta cheese, milk, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until you have about a 2" peak.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the whipped egg whites into the ricotta cheese mixture, and mix in well. Fold the rest of the egg whites into the ricotta cheese mixture with a large spatula or serving spoon.
- Fold the blueberries into the mixture.
- Heat a griddle over a medium high heat. Coat the griddle with cooking spray or oil.
- Using a ladle, spoon about 3 tablespoons of batter onto the heated griddle. Flip the pancake when the first side is browned (about 2-3 minutes); and cook until the other side is browned.
Frozen blueberries work great for these pancakes.
You can store leftover batter in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.