This is the home version of the apple pancake you’d find at the Pancake House. Think brunch souffle.
Puffed Apple Pancake
- 1 Cup Milk
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3 T Sugar
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- ½ t Salt
- ¼ t Cinnamon
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- 4 T Butter (1/2 stick)
- 12 oz. Apples (~ 2 apples peeled and thinly sliced)
- 3 T Brown Sugar
- 2 T Powdered Sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl whisk milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Place butter in a 13 x 9 baking dish and place in oven until the butter is melted (about 5 mins.).
- Place the thinly sliced apples in overlapping rows in the dish (on top of melted butter). Bake until apples are soft (about 15-20 mins.).
- Pour batter over the apples and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake until brown and puffy (about 20 mins.).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
2016 - buubug