This is a great Spring Craft Project that your kids will gobble up. It’s an edible nest made with chow mein noodles coated with chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- 2 can chow mein noodles
- 1 pkg 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- 1 pkg 12 oz butterscotch chips
- Pour both packages of chips into microwaveable bowl. Melt at 1 minutes increments at power level 7, stirring after each time, until chips are melted. Mix in chow mein noodles until all are covered. Drop noodle/chip mixture onto wax paper and create bird nests (3 to 6" diameter). Refrigerate until chips solidify again.
- Fill bird nests with jelly beans or candy malted milk eggs for Easter theme.
- Thank you to Nancy Anderson for Contributing this Recipe
Instead of using chips, melt 1 pkg marshmallows with 1/2 cube butter (the same you would do for rice krispie treats). Form into bird nests as above.