These are the best sugar cookies I’ve had, and can easily be converted into snicker doodle cookies. And it’s an easy recipe to get cookies on the table within 30 minutes.
- 1 Cup Butter (softened)
- 1½ Cup Sugar (white)
- 1 Egg
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 2 ¾ Cups Flour
- 1 t Baking Soda
- ½ t Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining dry ingredients together. Gradually blend these into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Form balls of dough (about 1-2 teaspoons each), and place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and let stand ~2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Makes 36-50 cookies depending on the size of the dough balls you use.
Have everything pre-measured before starting to mix the ingredients.
To make snicker doodles, roll the balls of cookie dough into a cinnamon and sugar mixture before baking. Just mix about 1/2 cup of sugar with 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon (to taste).
You can turn these into cookie lollipops by using a shaped cookie mold similar to the Wilton Cookie Stick Star Panalt.