This is a delicious Tiramisu recipe that isn’t too difficult to prepare, and makes you look like a real chef. Make this the night ahead of time and refrigerate.
- 6 Egg Yolks (use pasteurized eggs)
- 3 T Sugar
- 1 lb. Mascarpone Cheese
- 1½ Cups Espresso (chilled)
- 2 T Dark Rum
- 2 T Coffee Liquer (i.e. kahlua)
- 24 Lady Fingers (shop ahead for these...can sometimes be difficult to find)
- ½ Cup Chocolate Shavings
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and sugar until thick and pale yellow (about 5 mins.).
- Add mascarpone and beat until smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the espresso and the 2 T of Kahlua, and mix until combined.
- In a shallow dish add the leftover espresso and rum (liquid should be about ¼" deep).
- Dip 12 lady fingers in for 2-5 seconds (one side only). Don't let them get soaked all the way through, as this could result in a liquidy tiramisu.
- Place the lady fingers, liquid side down, on bottom of a pan (this will be used as your serving dish). The pan should be sized to just fit 12 lady fingers.
- Spread half the cheese mixture over the lady fingers.
- Dip the leftover lady fingers in the espresso liquid for ~3 seconds on one side, and place these on top of the 1st layer of mascarpone, liquid side down.
- Spread the remaining mascarpone mixture on top of the second layer of lady fingers.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with the chocolate shavings, and you're ready to go.
2016 - buubug