A nice blueberry topping for angel food cake, cheesecakes, ice cream and other desserts.
Fresh Blueberry Sauce
- ¾ Cup Fresh OJ (can be substituted with 1/2 cup apple juice and 1/4 cup water)
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 T Cornstarch
- 2 Pints Blueberries
- 1 t Grated Lemon Zest
- 1 T Fresh Lemon Juice
- Combine OJ, sugar, and cornstarch in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When thickened and translucent, stir in the blueberries and simmer 4-5 minutes, just until a few berries have burst (but most of them should still be whole).
- Stir in the lemon zest and the lemon juice and cool.
- You now have the perfect dessert topping.
You can replace the blueberries with strawberries or blackberries.
2016 - buubug