Pesto is fairly easy to make, and can be used to marinate chicken or salmon. It also serves as a great sauce for pastas. Pesto used to intimidate me, but this recipe makes it easy for me or the wife to quickly prepare a sauce for dinner, and the kids really love it.
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-5 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- 1/3 Cup Pine Nuts
- ½ t Ground Pepper
- ½ t Salt
- 2 Cups Fresh Basil (cut up and lightly press down to measure)
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- In a blender, add half the olive oil and all the remaining ingredients.
- Start the blender, and continue adding the remainder of the olive oil to help it blend in all the ingredients.
- I lean towards the higher end of the garlic scale, and I'll double the Parmesan cheese to get a little thicker consistency.
- Make sure you taste it before you start making adjustments though. Try this Salmon Pesto Recipe!
This can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week in a tightly sealed container, or can be frozen for longer. But you should top it with a little olive oil to cover, before storing.