Has a leprechaun visited your house on St. Patrick’s Day? Be sure to make a leprechaun trap which will ensure a visit from one of those sneaky little creatures. Did you know that if you can catch a leprechaun, he or she must reveal the location of their pot of gold?
You will definitely know when a leprechaun has been to your house with all the mischief that can occur:
- Chocolate gold coins thrown around the room.
- Green and white streamers hanging from the ceiling.
- Trails of shamrock confetti.
- Green breakfast foods: bagels and cream cheese, milk, scrambled eggs, vanilla yogurt, apple sauce or water.
- Overturned furniture, items that have been moved out of place, or things that have gone missing.
- Notes from the leprechaun: “Can’t catch me.”, “Maybe next time.”, or “Good luck next year.”
- Green footprints or hand prints on the counter top or kitchen table.
Celebrate the day with green snacks: green grapes; celery, sliced cucumbers, or broccoli with green ranch; green apples; edamame; or lime jello.
Other green food ideas: green leaf salad with green dressing, spinach, asparagus, peas, avocados, pickles, pesto, guacamole, mint chocolate chip ice cream, and green sugar cookies.