With lots of good colors to decorate any plate, you’ll find this penne dish delicious and easy to make. Add some vegetables and garlic bread for a complete Italian meal.
Penne with Tomatoes, Mozzarella, and Basil
- 2 Cups Penne (measured uncooked)
- 4 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 Cloves Garlic (diced or finely grated)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Basil (julienned)
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (~15 oz.)
- 1 Cup Buffalo Mozzarella (cut into ~1/4")
- Prepare your penne, following the directions on the package.
- When it's cooked, strain, rinse, and place to the side.
- In a skillet or large sauce pan, add the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, and cook it for a minute or 2 (don't let it brown).
- Add the can of tomatoes with the juice.
- Reduce the liquid down a little, and add the pasta and mix it in to heat the pasta.
- Right before you remove from the heat, mix the julienned basil in for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pasta to a serving bowl.
- Mix the mozzarella in right before taking the serving dish to the table. This will help ensure the cheese doesn't all melt together.
This dish goes well with Chicken Marsala.
2016 - buubug