This is a quick and easy way to enjoy chicken enchiladas – the great taste without all the work.
- 10 Corn Tortillas
- 1 - 1½ Cups Cooked Chicken (shredded or diced)
- 1 Can Diced Green Chiles (optional)
- 2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 Can or jar of Enchilada Sauce
- Sour cream and diced green onion, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut tortillas in half and mix diced chiles into cooked chicken.
- Cover the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with enchilada sauce. Place 5 tortilla halves to cover the bottom of the dish, then top with 1/3 - 1/2 cup chicken mixture followed by 1/2 cup cheese. Add 5 more tortilla halves to the dish, cover with enchilada sauce, then top with 1/3 - 1/2 cup chicken mixture followed by 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers one last time, and finish the casserole with one final layer of tortillas topped with remainder of enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake in oven approximately 20 - 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Top with sour cream and diced green onions.
You can add diced white onions to the chicken instead of the diced green chiles.
Omit the chicken to make a cheese enchilada casserole.
You can adjust the recipe easily if you want to make a larger casserole.