This is a fairly light Caesar Salad Recipe, as far as Caesar Salad goes. But it still has the garlic and anchovies to provide the kick.
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tin Anchovies
- 1 t Dry Mustard
- 1 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- Parmesan Cheese (to top)
- 1 - 2 Hearts Romaine Lettuce (washed and chopped)
- Whisk together lemon juice, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, and garlic.
- Chop half the tin of anchovies and mix into the dressing. Use the remaining anchovies to top the salad.
- Refrigerate the dressing for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, mix the dressing with the romaine to lightly coat.
- Top with croutons, remaining anchovies, and fresh Parmesan cheese.
You can reduce the garlic or anchovies if these go against the grain for you.
Add grilled chicken to make this a stand-alone meal.
You can make fresh croutons by cutting french bread (or rosemary bread, etc) into ½" cubes. Saute some olive oil and crushed garlic in a pan. Don't let the garlic brown. Add the bread cubes to the pan and mix and heat for about 5 minutes; then empty the pan onto a baking sheet spreading out the croutons. Pre-heat oven to 350°. Bake the croutons 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown, turning the croutons midway through cooking. The olive oil and garlic can be removed from baking sheet afterwards and be used as a dip for bread.