This Dijon Herb Vinaigrette Salad provides a nice side, accented Thyme. Topped with cranberries, candied pecans, and goat cheese; this adds enough complexities to go with any entree.
Dijon Herb Vinaigrette Salad
- Mix ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 T of Dijon Mustard
- 1 T of chopped fresh Thyme
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups dried cranberries (about 7 oz)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Candied pecans
- Goat cheese (~5.5 oz log soft fresh)
- Lettuce of Choice
For the Dressing
- Whisk and place in a covered bowl in the frig.
- You can buy them if you don't have the time, or: in a pan put 4T of sugar with 1T of Orange Juice.
- Once it kind of melts, throw the pecans in and mix to coat with sugar. You can also sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
- Place on a non-stick cookie sheet in an oven at 350 for about for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
- Add 1½ cups dried cranberries (about 7 oz)
- Add 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Add the pecans
- Add some broken up goat cheese (~5.5 oz log soft fresh)
- Mix in enough dressing to coat, and it’s ready.20
For Candied Pecans
Preparing the Salad
2016 - buubug