When you can’t get shrimp out of your mind, take this tasty shrimp recipe for a spin on the barbecue. Try serving it up as an appetizer or as a main course over some rice.
- 1½ - 2 lbs. Jumbo Shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Stick Butter (melted)
- 2 T Garlic (minced)
- 1½ T Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper (a few rotations of the mill)
- 1 T Fresh Lemon Juice
- Thaw the shrimp if frozen. In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, garlic, pepper and seasoning together. Pour mixture over shrimp in a pan, and place in the refrigerator until ready to put on the grill. You should be able to do 2 bags of shrimp with this amount of seasoned butter.
- Squeeze on fresh lemon after cooking. Don’t over cook the shrimp or it will get tough.
- If the shrimp starts to flame due to the butter, just move the shrimp to another part of the grill. Don’t spray with water, or you’ll wash off all the good stuff.
- You can do all the prep work the day before. I try to let the shrimp marinate for a couple of hours at least in the fridge before grilling. You can adjust the garlic and seasoning salt to taste.
You can do all the prep work the day before. I try to let the shrimp marinate for a couple of hours at least in the fridge before grilling.
You can adjust the garlic and seasoning salt to taste.
To simplify the barbecue process, you can put the shrimp on skewers so you don't have to turn over each shrimp. Just make sure to soak the skewers in water for about 20 minutes before cooking.