As we try to eat salmon more regularly to get our Omega-3 for better heart health, I’m always on the lookout for good salmon recipes. I fell in love with this salmon recipe when we ate dinner at my mom’s house. It’s an easy recipe that gets dinner on your plate in 30 minutes. It leaves you feeling like you’ve been to Hawaii with flavors of maple syrup, soy sauce, and ginger.
- 4 Pieces of Salmon (~6 oz. each)
- 3 T Maple Syrup
- 2 T Soy Sauce (lite sodium)
- 1 T Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 T Water
- ½ t Cornstarch
- 1 Green Onion (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 475°
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, soy sauce, ginger, water, and cornstarch.
- Place the salmon, skin-side down, in a baking dish. Pour the marinade over the salmon.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, basting halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the green onion.
You can serve with some barbecued pineapple to add additional Hawaiian flare.