These mashed potatoes will bring tears to the eyes of people looking for creamy buttery mashed potatoes. No one will leave without seconds….or thirds.
Easy Do-Ahead Mashed Potato Recipe
- 9 Big Russet Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- ¾ Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 t Salt
- 1/8 t Pepper
- Heat 1" water w/salt to boiling and add potatoes to the pot and cover. Return the water to a boil and reduce heat, keeping covered. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes until tender to a fork.
- Drain and shake over low heat to dry potatoes a little. Potatoes will go into a mix-master for the next step.
- In a separate pot, heat milk, whipping cream, butter, salt, and pepper in 1 quart pan stirring occasionally til butter is melted. Reserve ¼ cup of this milk mixture for later (cover and refrigerate).
- Add remaining milk in small amounts to potatoes in mix-master, and mix until blended. You can add a bit more milk if needed (amount of milk depends on type of potato used).
- Beat vigorously til light and fluffy, but not overly creamy (the milk added in the last step will add back some moisture).
- You can continue preparing, or place this into a refrigerator for 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, spray a 2 quart casserole with cooking spray, and spoon potatoes into casserole.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Pour reserved milk over potatoes; bake uncovered 40-45 minutes.
- Stir the potatoes just before serving.
2016 - buubug