My wife and I have been trying to duplicate the white rice recipe served at Wahoo’s and Baja Fish Tacos, for years. We finally came up with the perfect recipe to taste just like the original white rice in the Baja Fish Taco, or Wahoos, tradition. Let us know what you think.
- 1 Cup White Rice
- 1 T Butter
- 1 T Canola Oil
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 1/4 t salt
- Add butter and oil to a large sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Once the butter is melted add the rice and continue to heat until the rice is translucent (do not brown the rice).
- Add the water and salt, and turn the heat to high.
- Heat until the water comes to a boil.
- Cover the sauce pan, and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes until the water has been absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for 20 minutes before serving.