Getting tired of boiling broccoli in water, and craving more flavor and pizazz in your side dish? Then give this garlicky roasted broccoli a spin!
- Broccoli florets, cleaned
- Garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pine nuts, toasted
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place broccoli on a large sheet pan and mix with garlic slices, then drizzle with olive oil, enough to cover. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 20 minutes, until tender-crisp and some of the broccoli tips are browned. Remove from the oven and toss with the pine nuts and Paremesan cheese. Serve hot.
You can increase or decrease the amount of garlic depending on your taste.
You can omit the pine nuts.
You can add freshly squeezed lemon juice when tossing with the pine nuts and cheese.