Ok, so brussel sprouts don’t have the best reputation. I’ve been one of the few people I know that has always like the sprouts. I had brussel sprouts prepared this way, and I knew I found a recipe that would get even my wife eating brussel sprouts. These came with a bonus (not the gas); they’re so good, my kids will eat them. I never thought I’d see that day.
- 2 Cup Brussel Sprouts (cut in half)
- 4 Cloves Garlic Crushed (dry roasted garlic can be substituted)
- 1-2 t Kosher Salt
- 3-4 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to ~400° (or broil).
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, and place brussel sprouts (flat side down) on a tinfoil covered tray.
- Put the tray in the oven for 10-15 minutes. I like to see some browning color before I take them out. I don't like brussel sprouts overcooked, but cook them to your preference.
An alternative cooking method is to cook them stove top in a saute pan, using the famous flipping wrist action to saute them (same ingredients). Again, I cook them to get some browning on them.