This sweet potato recipe is an amazing side dish for the holidays. It’s almost as good as pumpkin pie.
- 6 Cups cooked mashed yams
- 2 uncooked eggs
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 1 t salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1-2 T orange juice
- 1/4 Cup pecan halves
- Heat the oven to 375.
- Put the mashed yams into a big bowl.
- Add the eggs into the bowl and beat into the yams.
- Mix in the sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, orange juice.
- Place in a casserole dish, cover, and put in the refrigerator until ready to bake (you can also freeze it).
- Remove from fridge, top with pecans, and sprinkle a little brown sugar on the top.
- Bake for 20-30 mins at 375.
If you're cooking this as part of a big meal (i.e. Thanksgiving) and the oven will be at 350 for everything else, cook it for up to 45 min.